Thursday, October 4, 2018

The House by the Cemetery by John Everson

This book is very much a horror story. The last time I watched a horror movie was back in the early 90s.  When the author brought up the titles, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Chainsaw Massacre, and etc for the haunted house, talk about flashbacks!   Good old memories.

Let's start with the book.  The plot was good, some of the characters were good, ideal house in the cemetery totally reminded me of the horror movies.  It appears to be written for the movie but that's just me.
Here are couple of things I have a problem with, There were lots of characters in the book, some were really unnecessary.  The ideas and themes they had for rooms were way too far fetched because from what the house was described, the rooms were too small. Rooms weren't built large back then.  There were some things that did not factor in well for me in the book.
However, if you truly enjoy the total creepiness, bloody gores, spells and etc that makes you think of all the horror movies you've seen, then you'll totally enjoy this book.  I'll give it 3 1/2 stars.

I received this horror ARC from Flame Tree Press through Net Galley in an exchange for my honest unbiased review.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment