Saturday, October 6, 2018

Odette's Song by A.G. Russo

WOW!  I'm impressed how this 154 pages long novel was packed fully with powerful emotions, sensitivity, empathy, and redemption.  I'm amazed how the author was able to grab my face into his writing and never let go until the last note ended.  I was fully hypnotized with actions, emotions, and musical notes. The ending was beautiful, rightfully so.

This is a story of a very dysfunctional family trying to bring a washed out drug addicted and alcoholic talented musician and an orphaned stepson together.   Stepfather refuses to have anything to do with him due to his deceased wife's betrayal and suicide.  This is the journey of an embittered man and a confused boy.  This is their story.  As the boy said, this is the story of his step father and his mother.  "My father had two obsessions:  music and my mother..."
This short novel deserves a 4 stars from me.


I received this powerful short ARC from A.G. Russo through Net Galley in an exchange for my honest review. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment