Thursday, October 25, 2018

Hardknocks, Hiccups and Headstands by Ali Gardner

I'm not sure how I feel about this book. Maybe it the writing style that threw me off. It's novella for kids and early teens. The first half I enjoyed, the other half I did not enjoy.  I couldn't believe how the bad behaviors in childminder was easily being excused for mental breakdown.  The childminder planned and knew exactly what she was doing.  She was a psychopathological (if that's even a word!) woman who's intent to hurt the children. She wasn't deranged. She was dangerous. It's not okay to say oh, she had problems and had a breakdown and she didn't know what she was doing.  Any kid reading this book would get the wrong ideas.  
I cannot say anymore on this book.  I'm vastly disappointed in this book.  It didn't really help the kids reading the book how to deal with the loss of a parent, moving and etc.  It was very confusing.
I recieved this weird book from Troubador Publishing Ltd through Net Galley for exchange for my unbiased and honest review. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment