Thursday, October 25, 2018

The Field by Ian Dawson

WARNING: This is not for the weak heart. It's a major roller coaster ride reading this book. Enter at your own risk.
This has gotten to be one of the most intense thriller/horror I've read in a long time. This is a story of a true friendship and this is a story of a toxic so called friendship. This is the story of right and wrong. This is the story of evil and good.  This is the story of mentally stable and unstable.  This is the field of battle of those combined and who will overcome this nightmare. This is the stuff that Criminal Minds would investigate.
This book really evoked a lot of intense emotions from me. This book may or may get mixed reviews, but this book is very well written.  Whew!  What a ride!  I wouldn't be surprised if this author  becomes famous in the near future if he keeps writing more books.  This is some talented writing there.
I give this book 4 stars.  
I recieved this very intense eARC from Book Baby through Net Galley in exchange for my unbiased and honest review. Thank you!  

********
Update:

I recieved a lovely thank you email from Ian Dawson. He informed he's used my link for his tweet and his site TheFieldYa.com.  Of course, curiosity kills this QuirkyKat.  I went to his site.  I had no idea.  He's based this novel on his traumatic experience in 1993 when he was kidnapped and tortured for several hours before being released. He was 13 at the time.  
I don't know about you guys, but I'd get this book!  And check out his site.  Just click on the link I provided.
Kudos to Ian for having the courage to write this novel.  You got standing ovation from me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment