Thursday, October 25, 2018

Solace Island by Meg Tilly

WhenI first saw this book and the name Meg Tilly, I dropped everything and looked the name up to see if it's THE Meg Tilly I was thinking of.  Sure enough, it's her!  I'm thinking this woman is of many talents. I decided to give her first novel a try.  I even signed up for it from GoodReads thinking I won't win, I'll end up getting it at Barnes & Noble when it comes out in November.   Totally forgot all about it until I opened my email announcing I won. No Way!  Out of 2,588 entries? Wow! My first win at Good Reads.

I had no problem reading this book. I could tell the multi talented had fun writing this book. I could tell that Ms. Tilly is a sucker for romance. I enjoyed the characters. It was an enjoyable read. I even laughed out loud in at several different scenes.
With those being said, I understand this is her first novel.  This novel was more romance than suspense/thriller/mystery.  As I said before, maybe she's building up her series and learning along the way.  I'm hoping her next novel will have equal balance of romance and suspense/thriller/mystery. Yes, I wil read her future novels. Why? Because she makes it fun to read. 
I won this book through GoodReads Giveaway from Penguin Random House. I'm not required in any way of shape or form to write a review but I want to. This is my unbiased and honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment