Monday, October 29, 2018

Shadow of the Fox by Julia Kagawa

I'm so delighted with this wondrous novel. I was blown away from the beginning to the end, especially the end.  What cliffhanger!  With an ending like that made me wanted to smack the author for leaving me hanging like that!  Now, the torturous wait begins for the second book in the series.  I truly thought it was a stand alone book.
This is story of an oriental fantasty.  It's got all the yummy characters in it.  
Half kitsune/half human
Dark samurai
    Ghost
Witches
 Ronin
Prince
Oni
Dragons
Demons
 Legends
Myths
  Dragons
Monks
Temples
and
much more.
This novel is packed with variety of action, drama, humor(yes, I actually laughed out loud at some of the comments.) characters, legends, and etc.  It was woven cleverly where I wasn't even a bit bored at all. 
If someone mentions animated, I'm going to slap that someone because it deserves to be imagained as realistic fantasy.  This is one astonishing adventure I was glad to be part of and hope to do so in the second book. I thoroughly enjoyed the book even with that frustruating cliffhanger at the end!
This book deserves 4 stars.

 I recieved this beautifully written ARC from Harlequin Teen through Net Galley in exhanged for my unbiased and honest review. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment