Thursday, October 18, 2018

The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout

First of all, I did not know there's a Lux series before this novel. Now, that I've finished this book, I really do want to read the Lux series. This book made an excellent stand alone novel.  

It was supposed to be a romance novel but it didn't come across  like that to me at all.  There is a little bit of romance.

This about your typical 17 year old girl's world started changing the moment she stepped in the night club illegally after sneaking out of her house with her friends.

There was never a dull moment in the book. Plot after plot, twist upon twist, mystery upon mystery kept me on my toes. 

As the pages flipped, I respected Evie more and more due to the fact she chose to be herself, not afraid of expressing her feelings, standing up for others and standing up for what she believes in. I like the fact as she learns more about herself and others around her, she knows she's going to be okay as a kick ass chick for a human being.

I really did enjoy this book and the characters. Jennifer L. Armentrout has a way with words that keeps you engrossed in her story where you don't want the story to end.  She's a rarity for keeping your interest that long.

Now, I need to hit those Lux series.

4 stars by the way.  Well worth my 5 hours today!
I received  this engrossing Sci-fi ARC from MacMillan-Tor/Forge through Net Galley in exchange for my unbiased and honest review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment