Tuesday, January 8, 2019

The Afterward by E.K.Johnston

This is one of the unique novels I've read in a long time.  This is a high-level fantasy adventure novel with a love story between two young women.  The book alternates between before and after.  Which is why I said it's a unique novel.    
This is a love story between an upcoming female knight and a thief.  I was hoping for more interactions from other characters in the book.  I was hoping for more background stories on the other characters and how they came together.  It solely focused more on these two female characters.
I enjoyed it, but I wish there were more. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Fantasy genre.  This book would be great for those who enjoy romance with fantasy romance. 

This book gets 3 3/4 stars from me.

I won this book from Dutton Books for Young Readers through Bookish First.  This review is solely my own and unbiased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment