Sunday, January 27, 2019

Immortal Girls by Griffin Stark


This broke my heart.  Seriously.  I was looking forward to reading this.  Look at this gorgeous cover!  It's what caught my attention.  The synopsis got me.
With that being said, the idea and concept were great!  However, I just couldn't connect with any of the characters at all. Too short.  There were some words which were repetitive and unnecessary.  A one thousand-year-old girl acting so childish is unbelievable.  Many factors made me cringe a lot as I read on. The ending felt too rushed.  
I applaud the author for taking the courage to be self-published.  However, before being published, this book needed an editor, mentor, beta readers, and so forth for this book to be successful.  
If this book were rewritten and edited, I'd give it another shot reading it. 
I'll have to give it two stars.  I feel horrible, but I need to be truthful.

I received this self-published ARC from Net Galley, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment