Wednesday, January 9, 2019

The Scarlet Cord by Eliza Master


Warning This book contains a lot of graphic sexual imagery.   With that being said, I didn't know the meaning of Shibari was.  I had assumed it was the main character's name.  
Shibari is the Japanese art of sexual bondage. 
I was disappointed with this book because of the cover displays one kick-ass woman with a gun and the synopsis portraying a strong woman.  It really bugged me how the main character was thinking and having sexpractically  24/7 with anyone in the book. It even got where it was getting creepy in the last quarter of the book.  The author thought of everything to sexualize the main character.  I'm not understanding why sex is very important in this book.
I'm not against sexuality.  It's the way the woman was portrayed in this book. that I'm trying to comprehend.
I'm giving it 2 stars.
I received this eARC from Wayzgoose Press through Net Galley for my honest and unbiased reveiw. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment