Tuesday, January 8, 2019

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

Wow!  This book had me transfixed for 3 hours! I could not put it down!  First of all, may I applaud Alex on his well written first novel.  It's pretty amazing for a first published novel.
This book started out with a bang which I enjoyed.  And then I drowned into the story.  I literally gasped out loud in some places in the book.  My dog even looked at me weird.  I don't know if this book should be called a thriller.  It should have its own genre!  Seriously!  There were some shockers that left me stunned.  The ending was brilliant. I literally did an applaud after a minute after finishing this novel. If Alex can write this well where I'm literally glued to the pages for hours without interruption ( such as coffee, ahem!) I will most definitely read his future novels.  I look forward to reading more of it.
If you guys think it's some hype, I promise you it's not.  Think of  The Wife Between Us and  The Anonymous Girl.  Don't get me wrong, I love these two books, but this The Silent Patient tops these two books in my opinion.  It just may be one of the top psychological thrillers of 2019 and deservingly so.

Oh yeah, I won this awesome ARC through Good Reads.  This review was entirely voluntarily my own and unbiased. Thank you, Celadon Books and Good Reads!!




No comments:

Post a Comment