Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Unmarriageable by Soniah Kamal

Confession:
Of most of all the classic books, I have never read Pride and Prejudice.  Don't shoot me!  At the time, I wasn't really into romance.  Believe me; I've learned a lot of classic books. Pride and Prejudice wasn't one of them.
Good news:
I will purchase and read Pride and Prejudice soon!

With that being said, you all can stop yelling or gasping or gaping at me!

Unmarriageable supposedly is a unique retelling of Pride and Prejudice set in Pakistan.  I don't know how closely it followed the original story.  I'll have to wait until I read that dang book to differentiate both of them.

I truly enjoyed this version.  I love seeing the Pakistan culture.  The sisters made me laugh and love the sarcasm.  It is full of humor and entertaining.  It kept me interested until I finished the book.
I am going to leave this here for now until I finish the actual Pride and Prejudice to review more on Unmarriageable.
I'd give the book a low four stars for the moment.

I received this humorous ARC from Random House Publishing Group/Ballantine Books through Net Galley for my honest and unbiased book. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment