Monday, January 21, 2019

The White Stag by Kara Barbieri


This is truly a pure fantasy world. Truly another world which I thoroughly enjoyed, My only regret is that I didn't read it sooner.

  I was surprised that this book isn't a stand-alone book. I honestly thought it was until I researched the author.  But then looking back on the last chapter, I should've known the way it ended.  I''m piqued more than ever how the second novel in this Permafrost Series will be.

Just to be fair, this novel is pretty dark.  If you enjoy
 Goblins
Fantasty world
Monsters
Action
Fights
Sarcasms
 Survivor guilt
Self identity struggle
Light romance
Wolves
   Magical land
  Self Loathing and angsty heroine
then this is it for you.

I'd have to warn you, even though the author did a good job crafting her story, her story has many twists to it.  For example, the goblins are not what we expect of them in her book. There will be flashbacks of her horrible past, rape and torure and ect. So, for some of the sensitive readers out there, may want to read with caution.  It isn't too detailed.

This novel is about trials, errors, trust, loyality, empowerment, self discovery, triaumph , deep regrets, and rebirth.

This novel is raw, gritty, haunting and honest which will challenge you to think.  This novel came across as an allegory to many things we deal with in real life.  This is maybe why some readers have a hard time reading this or just DNFing it.  I'm interested seeing how the rest of the series turn out. 

I'm going to give this novel a low 4 stars.  

I received this beautiful haunting ARC from  Wednesday Books/ St. Martin's Press through Net Galley for my honest and unbiased review.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment