Friday, November 16, 2018

Bluff by Jane Stanton Hitchcock

Maud, Maud, 'Mad' Maud....how I love you! You are just simply brilliant!

The cover is unique and awesome.
This was an ingenious, well thought out, intelligent novel which deserves many praises!
So, so, so, so GOOD!
The title Bluff is... well pretty much what the title says. The book is pretty well thought out, well executed to the end and gets major points for its originality of the story.
,
I absolutely adore Maud, the ex-socialite who was scammed out of her inheritance by greedy climbers. She is also a poker player.  Her love for poker knows no bound.  She integrates the themes and concepts of poker rules into her life. She uses them to her advantages.

I just love the snarky humors on upper class society.

The novel started out with a bang and ended with the most satisfying bang.  I cannot wait to see what the author has to bring to the table.  

I'd give this book a high 4 stars!

I received this highly entertaining ARC from Poison Pen Press from Net Galley and BookishFirst in exchange for my unbiased and honest review.  Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment