Thursday, December 13, 2018

The Noel Stranger by Richard Paul Evans




Apparently, this is a second book in The Noel Collection.  I've never read any book  by Richard Paul Evans.  Imagine my suprise this Christmas novel is written by a gentleman. Thought I'd give it a try. The synopsis read reasonable and interesting.
As I read along, I was having a hard time believing how they connected.  The heroine was only thinking about herself.  I'm also having a hard time how she could just up and leave her restaurant running smoothly without her for several weeks or so. I'm also having a hard time how the divorce came about and how her husband can just show up asking her to show up for his court hearing.  Or just hop on the plane to go to an island for Christmas.  I saw her very insecured, understandably due to the divorce.  She basically questions everything in her new relationship which was almost destroyed. The hero was an idiot for not answering her questions and leaving her in the dark.  He expected her to know him well after learning about each other for a week?  Come one!  Give me a break.  Very unrealistic and contrived.
The story was easy to read.  It'll do for a light reading. Some of you guys may like it and some of you guys may not like it.
I was having difficulting connecting with the characters.  I wanted to, honest! I just couldn't.  The emotions just weren't there.

I'll have to read other books by Richard Paul Evans to understand why he's dubbed as the King of Christmas.  

I love the cover of this book. It's beautiful.

I'll give this book a low 3 stars.  

I received this ARC from Simon & Schuster through Net Galley in exchange for my unbiased and honest review.  Thank you!






No comments:

Post a Comment