Sunday, January 27, 2019

Stranded on Thin Ice by Sharon Cassanolochman

Oh my goodness!  There is something nostalgic about being a twelve-year-old kid, stuck between being a kid and being a teenager. It is where a circumstance or an event can force us to grow up or remain innocent...
I could not put this book down. I devoured but yet savored the story.  I was rooting, cringing, and was scared for this young hero and his friend. I was able to connect with Tanner easily from the start.
I was impressed with the author's knowledge of ice fishing and how she managed to bring it to life through a book without boring me.  I could feel the texture of the ice. I could feel the glare coming from the ice reflection; I could feel the bitter cold from the wind chill. I could feel the warmth from the little hut. I can almost feel the line in my hands from ice fishing.  The author has done it with emotions. Even though this book was short, it didn't feel short.

This is the story of ice fishing, an adventure which lasted several hours appeared to be a lifetime of these two young boys, an unlikely friendship, father and son relationship, and ingenuity.
The last two chapters.....WOW!  It is all I can say!
This book is a must for everyone of all ages and genres.

This wonderful novel gets four stars from me. 

I received this ARC from Ontario Shore Publishing LLC through Net Galley.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment