Sunday, January 27, 2019

Sisters of the Fire by Kim Wilkins


The illustration of this book cover is beautiful.  I love the colors along the five females and dragon in the background. It conveyed beautifully with this story.
If you enjoy
Journey
Adventures
  Fast paced actions
Princesses
King
Strong women
 Heirs
Villians
War
Thrones
Elemental Mage
Warrior
Zealot
Violence
War
Sarcasm
Hints of romance
and of course,
Dragon
Then this epic fantasy is for you if you're an adult.  Finally!  Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy YA Fantasy, but it's nice if we have adult fantasy from time to time. The author does not hold back on her awesome characters.  Raw, gritty, down to earth, bar none truths, flaws flavored them which make them impressive and realistic.

First of all, I did not know this was a second book after The Daughters of the Storm. I need to read that book to make sure I didn't miss anything crucial before the third book comes out. The story starts four years after the first book. It focuses separately on  Bluebell, Rose, Ivy, Ash, and Willow at first before intricately woven together in this magical storytelling spell.  The author managed to keep my interest in this fast-paced novel with her rich and complex characters without losing me one bit.
I practically devoured this book within a couple of hours. There were 464 pages.  I love it!  I don't know why this book isn't even pushed hard publicly.  I saw this book has a lot of high praises and high reviews rightfully so.  We need to spread the news how fantastic this book is!  I can't wait to get my hands on The Daughters of the Storm and when the next novel comes out.
Do yourself a favor, get.this.book.  Don't take my words for it.

At this moment, I'm going to give this magical novel a four star until I read the other two books.

I received this entertaining ARC from Del Rey through Net Galley for my honest and unbiased review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment